Thursday, September 1, 2011

Running. :D

My favorite sport is Cross Country....or XC! :D
I don't just do it to stay in shape, I love it because I really enjoy running, and everyone on my team is like a big happy family.[:
Track is alright......but long distance is my thing. The most I have run without stopping is 5 miles. But it takes a lot of practice.
The day before you go to a cross country meet, it is really great to eat a lot of carbohydrates (pasta, bread, etc.) so you can have a lot of energy for the race.
Normally, a Jr. High XC race is 1 1/2 miles, but the high school races are 5K....or 3.14 miles! (like pi. hehe)
I have only ran 2 5K's.
If you don't do any sports but basketball, it's a great idea to join XC, because you will find out that it gets you really in shape and able to run.
Thank you for reading my post! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment